MISSION AND GOALS
It is the mission of the Division of Institutional Advancement to develop and nourish financial,
political, and public support for the University of California, Santa Barbara, through careful alumni,
development, community, governmental, and public relations programs carried out in keeping with the highest
ethical and professional standards that govern our activities.
The goals of the division are to:
- Help establish broad levels of public support for the teaching, research and public service mission of the University of California, Santa Barbara, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Achieve public recognition of the University of California, Santa Barbara, as an outstanding comprehensive research university by showcasing the research and scholarship of its faculty and students.
- Carry forward divisional programs in recognition that they must be founded with integrity and honesty, and within the framework of the highest standards of our profession.
- Serve those constituencies critical to the success of the campus: faculty, students, staff, alumni, donors, friends, parents, support groups, civic and political leadership, and the general public.
- Actively develop financial, political and public support for campus goals and priorities.