UCSB in the Community - A Public Service Directory
in the Community - A Public Service Directory" is designed to promote public access to University outreach and public service offerings. Each section addresses unique opportunities
for interaction with the University. Programs and services are listed under departmental headings. An index and keyword search are provided in the menu to the right for quick referencing.
- Chancellor's Welcome A message from Chancellor Yang invites the community to share the University's resources and programs.
- K-12 Outreach UCSB supports local schools by offering classroom presentations, field trips, tours and demonstrations.
- College Preparation UCSB offers an array of programs designed to enhance students' awareness and preparedness for higher education.
- Professional Development & Training UCSB provides professional development and part-time degree programs, giving local residents access to the University's academic resources. Some programs are single day workshops, while others offer certification.
- Community Service The UCSB campus hosts a variety of sporting, artistic, and educational events. It offers immense libraries and specialized research labs. UCSB faculty, staff, and students volunteer their public service in the community.
- Building Partnerships With its combined offerings of new technology, innovative research, and faculty expertise, UCSB is a valuable resource for the economic development of the Santa Barbara community.
- Public Lectures & Symposia UCSB's public lecture series cover a breadth of issues, ranging from scientific discoveries to social science concerns. Private support enables many specially focused lecture series to bring international scholars and public figures to campus.
- Performing Arts Concerts, dramatic performances, dance, and foreign films offered by the University enhance Santa Barbara's cultural climate. Enjoy the talents of international performers as well as students, faculty, and artists from the local area.
- Libraries, Museums, & Galleries UCSB offers an impressive collection of museums and galleries, displaying everything from classic and rare pieces to student creations. Davidson Library offers specialized databases and comprehensive resource collections.
- Public Tours & Natural Reserves Community members are welcome to visit the campus. Families can enjoy tours of the touch tanks and invertebrate museums, and observe collections of Chumash artifacts and contemporary art. The UCSB Natural Reserves are also open to the public.
- Recreation Year-round and summer offerings for all ages are available through UCSB's Exercise and Sport Studies Department. Children, families, and young adults can choose to participate in several programs, or observe UCSB's intercollegiate and club sporting events.
While every effort has been made to include all campus resources and community outreach activities, some have likely been overlooked. New programs begin each year, and some programmatic information may change over time.
For a schedule of upcoming events, please consult the UCSB Calendar of Events.