The Office of Governmental Relations acts as a liaison between the campus and members of Congress, their staff and Executive Branch agencies in order to promote and garner public support for the University of California's teaching, research and public service missions. Our office works closely with UC's Office of the President and the Federal Governmental Relations office in Washington, D.C. in an effort to increase federal support for UC and the campus.
Our Federal Relations services include:
- Assisting faculty and staff traveling to Washington, D.C. on university business.
- Promoting UCSB's research and policy agenda with Congressional members and agencies.
- Monitoring and providing analysis of federal legislation.
- Issues management, including advocacy efforts.
- Responding to legislative inquiries related to constituent requests.
KEY FEDERAL ISSUES AFFECTING THE UNIVERSITY
UCSB CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES
- U.S. Senators:
- U.S. Representatives:
- The White House
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Federal Legislative Information
- Department of Education
- Department of Defense Technical Info Center
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation