Friends Linking Campus and Community
The UCSB Affiliates is a community-based support group for the University of California, Santa Barbara. The Affiliates aim to develop and strengthen mutually beneficial relationships between the University and greater Santa Barbara communities. A dynamic group comprised of community members from a multitude of professions and Gaucho alumni of all ages, we strive to create a network of connections around innovative campus programming.
- Chancellor's Community Breakfasts serve as an opportunity to bring esteemed UCSB faculty to the community to speak on current events or trending topics. Hosted by Chancellor Henry T. Yang, these breakfasts occur twice per year.
- Graduate Research Fellowships provide a welcome infusion of funds to help students complete the last step to an advanced degree, preparing them to be outstanding in their careers on a state, national and international level. In the course of completing a dissertation, students are procuring unique and valuable data from around the globe to feed world-class research that will ultimately be published, bringing further renown to UCSB.
- Affiliates Transfer Scholarships are awarded to meritorious UCSB undergraduates with demonstrated financial need, to support their academic goals of gaining a degree from a prestigious four-year institution. This scholarship specifically supports students who have transferred from SBCC.
Become a Member
Benefits of Membership
- Complimentary admission to Chancellor’s Community Breakfasts.
- 20% discount on a UCSB Library Community Borrower’s Card.
- 15% discount on one UCSB Extension class per quarter.
- Eligibility to join The Club & Guest House at UCSB, with a 15% discount on dining and more as a Club member.