Friends Linking Campus and Community
The UCSB Affiliates is a community-based support group for the University of California, Santa Barbara. The Affiliates aim to develop and strengthen mutually beneficial relationships between the University and greater Santa Barbara communities. A dynamic group comprised of community members from a multitude of professions and Gaucho alumni of all ages, we strive to create a network of connections around innovative campus programming.
Become a Member
- Regular updates on the latest UCSB news and events.
- Invites and special discounts to UCSB events on and off campus, such as lectures, athletics, and the performing arts.
- Complimentary admission to Chancellor's Community Breakfasts.
- 20% discount on a UCSB Library Community Borrower's Card.
- 15% discount on one UCSB Extension class per quarter.
- Eligibility to join The Club & Guest House at UCSB, with a 15% discount on dining and more as a Club member.
Scholarship and Fellowship Awards
- Graduate Research Fellowships provide a welcome infusion of funds to help students complete the last step to an advanced degree, preparing them to be outstanding in their careers on a state, national and international level. In the course of completing a dissertation, students are procuring unique and valuable data from around the globe to feed world-class research that will ultimately be published, bringing further renown to UCSB.
- Affiliates Transfer Scholarships are awarded to meritorious UCSB undergraduates with demonstrated financial need, to support their academic goals of gaining a degree from a prestigious four-year institution. This scholarship specifically supports students who have transferred from SBCC.
You can learn more about the work of our 2018-19 recipients and hear their appreciative words in the videos below:
If you are interested in learning more about supporting our UC Santa Barbara students, please contact:
Associate Director of Development,
University and Community Support Groups