Friends Linking Campus and Community
The UCSB Affiliates is a community-based support group for the University of California, Santa Barbara. The Affiliates aim to develop and strengthen mutually beneficial relationships between the University and greater Santa Barbara communities. A dynamic group comprised of community members from a multitude of professions and Gaucho alumni of all ages, we strive to create a network of connections around innovative campus programming.
Programs & Events
- Affiliates Talks feature prominent UCSB faculty or graduate students presenting their research in a lively, interactive and informal setting. These engaging events are offered three or four times per year and facilitate exposure to cutting-edge research and trailblazing innovation, while also allowing an opportunity for networking.
- Chancellor's Community Breakfasts serve as an opportunity to bring esteemed UCSB faculty speakers to the community to speak on current events or trending topics. Hosted by Chancellor Henry T. Yang, these breakfasts occur three times per year.
- Graduate Dissertation Fellowships provide a welcome infusion of funds to help students complete the last step to an advanced degree, preparing them to be outstanding in their careers on a state, national and international level. In the course of completing a dissertation, students are procuring unique and valuable data from around the globe to feed world-class research that will ultimately be published, bringing further renown to UCSB.
- Affiliates Transfer Scholarships are awarded to meritorious Santa Barbara City College students with demonstrated financial need, to support their academic goals of gaining a degree from a prestigious four-year institution. This scholarship specifically supports local students from the Bakersfield and Tri- Counties.
Become a Member
Benefits of Membership
- Reduced fee for a UCSB Library Borrower’s Card—just $25 for a one-year card.
- Complimentary admission to Chancellor’s Community Breakfasts.
- 15% discount on one selected UCSB Extension class per quarter, subject to availability. (Additionally, you can enroll in UCSB classes, paying on a per unit basis, through the Concurrent Enrollment Program.)
- Eligibility to join the The Club (formerly the UCSB Faculty Club), with one-time membership fee waived.
- Over 20% savings on UCSB Recreation Center membership. The facility includes pools, gyms, racquetball and squash courts, weight training and cardiovascular equipment.