Gaucho Vision: The Living Scholar Program
Cultivating leaders and champions
Much of our students' education takes place outside of the classroom, on the playing field and in the
gym, on stage and in the concert hall. Students are engaged in independent research, community service,
internships, study abroad, and a wide variety of student government and student organizations.
Exceptional Programs Offer Exceptional Opportunities to Our Students
- The College of Engineering's Technology Management Program offers students of all majors the chance to develop leadership skills in technology management and entrepreneurship.
- The innovative M.A. program in Global and International Studies prepares students for careers in international NGOs, business, or government.
- Through the Sara Miller McCune Internship and Public Service program, the Walter H. Capps Center for the Study of Ethics, Religion, and Public Life offers students internships with local non-profits in Santa Barbara and government agencies in Washington, D.C., and Sacramento.
- The UC Centers in Washington, D.C., and Sacramento offer students hands-on experience through a variety of internships, including in national and state government.
- Intercollegiate and intramural athletics enhance community outreach and develop leaders and champions.
92% Student-Athlete Graduation Rate
"Being a student athlete at UC Santa Barbara was an amazing experience.
I was encouraged to prepare for my studies just like I trained for my sport.
Today, out in the financial world, working at Deloitte, I find
myself exceptionally prepared for my career."
— Katie Voigtlander, '10
B.A. in Business Economics/Accounting
Track and cross-country, winner of the Golden Eagle Ring